Friday, July 8, 2011

Behind-the-scenes Question: What is your "commute" like? (Getting to and from performance venues)

The challenge: One-hour-away-from-the-airport! Yes, I drove back and forth within one hour each way going home to and from the airport. I live up the northern area of the country away from Seattle, where the home-based airport is located. My friends were surprised how I managed to get up so early in the morning to catch a plane because I have to be at the airport 2 hours before the flight takes off. For example, my plane leaves at 6 am. I have to get up at 2 am and get ready to go. The last 13 years I have been performing, I drove back and forth. Now, I decided to stay overnight at hotels near the airport, which is the best way for me to catch flights without the worry of driving all the way to the airport, never knowing if there is going to be bad traffic!

No comments:

Post a Comment